What is Fairfield First? We’re a network of businesses that are working together to promote a Local Living Economy in Fairfield, Iowa. Our motto is “Think Local, Buy Local, Invest Local & Give Local”
Benefits for Members
- Marketing via Fairfield First opt-in email list for member and co-op advertising
- Quarterly Business Makeovers. Members can bid cash and/or barter for a Fairfield First “business makeover” once a month. Each month a business will receive world class consulting services on how to improve their business, increase customers, increase revenues and increase profitability.
- Mentoring opportunities from members teaching members about their own efforts to build healthy workplaces, environmentally healthy products and local economies.
- Promotion of new businesses. Payment plans or “scholarships” for fledgling businesses. (Feel free to contribute to our “scholarship” fund.)
- Reduced rate for members at Fairfield First events including the upcoming Iowa First Festival
- $350 for a business with annual revenues > $500,000
- $150 for a small business with annual revenues of $50,000-$500,000
- $100 for a sole proprietor with revenues < $50,000
- $25 for an individual supporter
- Free for Students and Non-Profits
- Special: 25% off membership if you join by July 1, 2008. New memberships will run til June 30, 2009.
More information: email firstname.lastname@example.org
This week in Fairfield: Riders in the Sky! 30th Anniversary Tour – Wednesday, May 7 – 7:30pm – $23 Fairfield Arts and Convention Center – “Fairfield First will be disappointed if we don’t pack the house for Ranger Doug, Too Slim, Woody Paul and Joey the CowPolka King.”
On the Horizon
- Entrepreneurship Day, May 9th – at Fairfield Middle School – 9am-11am
- SEVA “Women for Women” Fundraiser on May 9th
- Gala Benefit Concert for KRUU-FM LP – May 10th
- BIG Green Summer
- Art on Barn Contest
Out of Town
- Grassroots and Groundwork Conference – May 28-30, Bloomington, MN. www.nwaf.org for details, registration and scholarship information.
- BALLE GROW DEEP Conference – June 5-7, Boston. Fairfield First! is part of a national network of communities who have organized to support their local living economy. Check out www.livingeconomies.org for more information on BALLE and this annual conference. Let us know if you plan to attend, or need encouragement.
- Economic Gardening and Rural Entrepreneurship Gathering, June 12-14, Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Burt Chojnowski is giving a keynote on Fairfield companies and technologies that changed the world – “Nuts and Bolts for the Farmer’s Soul, or, why entrepreneur rhymes with manure.” Information and Registration: Noreen Moore – email@example.com
Fairfield First! Board of Directors