This room in which you stand is rife with paranormal activity eight (8) minutes every day, starting at 7:15 p.m. This has been the case every day since the evening of December 24, 1938 when this activity was first discovered.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
While experiences may differ from person to person, these and similar phenomena were reported by more than one visitor:
1) A vigorous sensation of "raking" around the navel and abdominal area, as if fingers were being pressed into one's flesh and then shaken;
2) A feeling of a "cold touch" on the left side of one's neck;
3) A feeling of being "jumped upon" from the back.
OTHER THINGS VISITORS HAVE WITNESSED
1) The electronic gambling machines no longer function and/or present an "altered" programming. For example, the "virtual roulette" game during one haunting displayed the image of a tall, slender woman with dark hair sleeping under a walnut tree near a river. The woman in the image uttered periodically the word "aster" or perhaps "Alistair" as she lay dreaming:
2) The collection of music boxes, though in disrepair and unplayable, play perfectly;
3) The room's collection of stringed instruments– harps, guitars, mandolins, lutes and pianos– will of themselves play a single note; and
4) Written words, including the words on this notice board, will sometimes appear as "upsidedown," "in mirror reverse," or both.
A RARE BUT SOMETIMES REPORTED EXPERIENCE
is that of a "feeling" of certain doom, that one is "about to die," followed by:
a) vomiting and/or
b) fainting and/or
c) hysteria and/or
d) panic and/or
followed immediately by an overwhelming and lasting sensation of "wellness," "contentedness," "happiness," and/or "well being."
COTS AND PLASTIC BUCKETS ARE PROVIDED ALONG THE EAST WALL FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
TOURING VISITORS ARE WELCOME
anytime in this room except during the bona fide haunting period.
IF YOU WISH TO UPGRADE
your pink "touring" pass to a blue "haunting" pass, please speak to your Legacy Guide. Upgrades cost $38.95 U.S. and are non-refundable.
IF YOU HAVE A HEART CONDITION
or other serious medical condition, you are advised not to attend the haunting period.
PLEASE VISIT OUR GIFT SHOP AND CAFE
in the carriage house across the quad, near the cemetery…
… and please…
ENJOY YOUR VISIT!!!