American Movie will be screened at 11 p.m. on April 17.
Searching for a visual journey through the blurred lines of reality? Then come to the 12th annual Iowa City International Documentary Film Festival, and explore the boundaries of documentary and non-fiction filmmaking.
The three-day festival runs from April 17th to the 19th and will feature short documentaries created by Iowa-based filmmakers, University of Iowa alum, and international filmmakers. IC DOCS is proud to have award-winning filmmakers John Gianvito and Dani Leventhal as the 2014 festival jurors.
IC DOCS kicks off at Film Scene on April 17th with the first ever ‘IC DOGES’ program. The program will weave audiences through a virtual world of memes and GIFs, capping off with the feature length presentation of twohundredfiftysixcolors, a film crafted from over 3,000 animated GIFs. Other festival highlights include screenings of selected works from our jurors, and late night screenings of American Movie, The Great Flood, and 12 O’Clock Boys, presented by the Bijou.
IC DOCS is presented in collaboration with Film Scene and the Bijou Film Board.
All screenings are free and open to the public.
THURSDAY, APRIL 17th
- 7pm: IC DOCS
- 7:30pm: Competitive Show #1
- 9pm: IC DOGES & Screening of twohundredfiftysixcolors
- 11pm: Screening of American Movie (presented by Bijou Late Night)
FRIDAY, APRIL 18th
- 7pm: Juror Show—John Gianvito w/ Q&A moderated by Sarah Kanouse
- 9pm: Competitive Show #2
- 11pm: Screening of The Great Flood (presented by Bijou Late Night)
SATURDAY, APRIL 19th
- 2pm: Competitive Show #3
- 4pm: Juror Show—Dani Leventhal w/ Q&A moderated by Sarah Kanouse
- 7pm: Competitive Show #4
- 9pm: Competitive Show #5
- 10:30pm: Awards Ceremony
- 11pm: Screening of 12 O’Clock Boys (presented by Bijou Late Night)