Stressed out and overwhelmed by the holidays? Why not take a break from all the fuss and try these ideas for having low-cost fun with your family.
1. Bake cookies.
2. Play charades.
3. Draw silly portraits of each other (bonus points for using finger paints).
4. Go sledding (global warming back-up plan: play croquet in the backyard).
5. Go for an evening walk and see how many constellations you can identify.
7. Watch a movie together (hot cocoa and popcorn optional).
8. Sing songs together (bonus points for making up your own lyrics or adding interpretive dance moves).
9. Play cards.
10. Have a snowball fight.
11. Play a board game.
12. Read a book out loud to each other.
13. Build a snowman (bonus points for a Calvin-and-Hobbes-style display).
14. You know all those craft kits your kids got for their birthdays? Use them together.
15. Do a puzzle.